Uniform & Dress Code
Central Community School District Uniform and Dress Code for Elementary Schools
The standard uniform includes the following:
1. Shirts will be maroon in color. Shirts will have a collar and short sleeves. Shirts will be plain, with no pockets, writing, emblems, or designs of any kind. Only plain white T-shirts will be worn underneath these shirts and will not extend past sleeve length.
2. Shirts will be tucked in and must be long enough to stay tucked when the arms are raised above the head. The style will be pullover with two, three, or four buttons at the top. Shirts will not be excessively worn, faded, or frayed and will not have holes or cuts.
1. Slacks and skirts will be khaki in color and of the specified shade. The shade is khaki. (The lighter stone color is not acceptable. The dark chocolate brown color and the dark green color are also not acceptable.) They will not be rolled at either the waist or cuffs.
2. Slacks are uniform. There should be no designer labels on slacks. Slacks with belt loops will be worn with a belt. The belt will be brown, black, khaki, or white. Belt buckles shall be no larger then 1 ½ inches square. Slacks will have two pockets in front and two in back. Elastic waist pants are acceptable. “Cargo” style pants are not acceptable. Slacks will have finished bottoms. Cuffs are acceptable. There will be no flared or bell-bottoms. They will not have holes, cuts, or be frayed. Slacks must be worn at the waist as designed. No jeans, bike shorts, stretch pants, or sweatpants will be worn. NO CAPRI PANTS WILL BE WORN.
3. Shorts/Skorts/Skirts may be worn and must be no higher than mid-thigh. Elastic waist pants are also acceptable.
4. Corduroy fabric is not allowed. Corduroy is a cotton pile fabric with vertical ribs or wales.
1. Shoes with closed toe and closed heel are required. Loafers, oxfords, and athletic-style shoes are acceptable. Socks will be worn. Boots may be worn with slacks, provided the slacks are worn over the boot. Pants may be cut 1” from the bottom. They must be hemmed. Slacks will not be tucked into the boots. Boots may not be worn with skirts.
2. Sandals, flip-flops, house shoes, and similar type shoes are not acceptable. Shoes with heels 2” or higher or excessively raised soles are not acceptable for safety reasons.
3. Socks will be worn. Sock colors are white, black, khaki, brown, or maroon. Female students may substitute stockings for socks with the same color restrictions as socks.
Solid maroon, black, gray, or white sweatshirts, sweaters, or windbreaker jackets will be the only garments allowed over the uniform inside the building. If a heavy jacket is worn to school during very cold weather, a student must remove the coat once inside the building. Trench coats will not be worn. The uniform shirt must be worn under any cold weather over garment. Long sleeves shirts under the uniform shirts are not allowed.
Also, approved school organizations will be allowed to wear school approved non-uniform shirts on special occasions. (These occasions will be approved by the Principal or his designee.) The rest of the uniform policy and dress code would remain in effect on these days. For example, shirts would continue to be tucked in and ID cards, where applicable, worn even though the shirt would be non-uniform.
1. Caps, hats or head coverings are NOT to be worn during the school day, or inside the school building. DO NOT BRING CAPS OR HATS ON CAMPUS DURING SCHOOL TIME. Hooded maroon sweatshirts may be worn but hoods may not be worn inside the building.
2. Male students are not to wear earrings (or straws to preserve the pierced hole). Girls are allowed to wear two pairs of earrings. Earrings cannot be greater than 1” in diameter. Hanging earrings cannot be longer than 1”. Body piercing is NOT allowed. Only simple jewelry may be worn.
3. Girls may wear headbands, ribbons, or bows that must be maroon, white, or gray.
4. Rollers, curlers, picks, rakes, forks, or combs in hair are prohibited.
5. Unnatural coloring of hair or cutting of symbols or designs in hair is not permitted.
6. Sunglasses are not to be worn on school grounds unless prescribed for medical purposes and verified with a doctor’s note, which must be presented to an administrator for approval.
7. Pictures or writing on book sacks, gym bags, jackets, etc. of and offensive, derogatory or obscene nature is prohibited at school (e.g. alcohol, tobacco, drugs, weapons, blood, skulls, etc.).
8. Grills and fake teeth are not allowed.
9. Sports headbands and sweatbands are not allowed.
10. Visible tattoos are not allowed.
STUDENTS WHOSE CLOTHING OR GROOMING IS INAPPROPRIATE IN THE OPINION OF THE ADMINISTRATION WILL BE SENT HOME TO MAKE THE PROPER ADJUSTMENT. UNEXCUSED ABSENCES WILL BE GIVEN WHEN STUDENTS ARE SENT HOME TO TAKE CARE OF ANY OF THE ABOVE POLICES. STUDENTS WHO VIOLATE SET DRESS AND GROOMING POLICIES SHALL ALSO BE SUBJECT TO DISCIPLINARY ACTION. (TOR OR SUSPENSION)